Nelson Pioneer Farm and Museum is 1 mi. n. on US 63, then 2 mi. n.e. following signs to 2211 Nelson Ln. The 310-acre farm depicts family life from the 1850s through the 1920s. Among the site's 18 buildings are a post office, blacksmith shop, coal-mining building, country store with early 1900s goods, Quaker meetinghouse, 1853 Daniel Nelson home, 1856 threshing barn, 1870s dressmaker shop, museum of local history, country schoolhouse and cabin furnished in early 1800s style. Early vehicles, farm equipment and tools, hands-on exhibits and other artifacts are displayed.
During the Fall Festival the third Saturday in September, the antique vehicles and farm equipment are used. A mule cemetery also is within the complex. Signs along a nature trail identify flora.