Regional Museum of Guadalajara (Museo Regional de Guadalajara) is at Av. Liceo #60, a block north of the Government Palace. Housed in a former theological seminary dating from around 1700, it has been a museum since 1918. Exhibits focus on the history of Jalisco and western Mexico, and include pre-Hispanic artifacts, ethnological displays and a 1,715-pound meteorite discovered in the state of Zacatecas in 1792.
A collection of Spanish and Mexican art on the second floor features paintings from the school of Bartolomé Murillo.