AAA Editor Notes
Devon House Heritage Site is at 26 Hope Rd. Following the lines of classical Georgian architecture, Devon House is one of the few buildings left from 19th-century Jamaica where the opulence of the time is preserved in the architecture and the finely crafted antiques and decorations within its walls. The current Devon House property formed part of 600 acres owned by the St. Andrew Parish Church in the 17th and 18th centuries.
George Stiebel, Jamaica’s first millionaire of African descent, purchased the rectory and lands from the parish church in 1879 and built Devon House on its foundations in 1881 after amassing wealth from investments in gold mines in Venezuela.
Guided 30-minute tours are available.
Guided tours are available. Food is available.