University of the West Indies

Ring Road
Kingston, 99 - Map It
(876) 927-1600

AAA Editor Notes

University of the West Indies is about 3 mi. (5 km) n. at Mona. The campus features modern architecture and a collection of 18th-century artifacts. The 1799 chapel was moved from its original location on a sugar plantation and meticulously rebuilt. Original stone aqueducts are scattered throughout the campus. The university, established in 1948, is attended by students from all areas of the Caribbean. Visitors may drive through the grounds.