AAA Editor Notes
Old Prairie Town at Ward-Meade Historic Site, 124 N.W. Fillmore St., offers 2.5 acres of botanical gardens surrounding the Prairie Mansion. Built about 1870, the house is furnished with period pieces and is used as a museum. Also on the grounds are a log cabin, a late 1800s schoolhouse, a church, a general store, a railroad depot, a livery stable and a drugstore.
Self-guiding and guided tours are available; building interiors can only be seen on guided tours.
Guided tours are available.