Fort Wallace Museum, .5 mi. e. to 2655 US 40 at a rest area, displays articles used by early settlers and the garrisoned troops as well as a 1907 area depot and the Pond Creek Stagecoach Station. Artifacts excavated from three counties, the old fort, and army and Native American sites are exhibited in 45 cases. The museum also features several pieces of barbed-wire art.
Recent renovations include the addition of a three-dimensional scale model of Fort Wallace, the Butterfield Overland Dispatch Station building and the expansion of the museum to house the Floris Weiser collection. The 1888 Bethany Lutheran Church and a 40-foot plesiosaur, discovered in 1867 by the Fort Wallace surgeon, also are on museum grounds.