AAA Editor Notes
Barthell Coal Mining Camp is w. off SR 742 on Barthell Rd. The first mining camp established by Stearns Coal & Lumber Co. in 1902 has been reconstructed to depict its early 20th-century appearance. The post office, one-room school, company store and bath house can be seen on guided tours, as can the motor house, which displays period mining equipment and cars. A guided mine tour provides historical information and takes visitors into a museum and machine shop as well as into the mine itself.
Food is available.