AAA Editor Notes
The Conrad-Caldwell House Museum, 1402 St. James Ct., is a Victorian Romanesque Revival mansion built in the 1890s by architect Arthur Loomis for businessman Theophilus Conrad. The carved stone exterior is complemented by the interior woodwork, which includes carved paneling and parquet floors. The surrounding neighborhood, known as Old Louisville, is noted for its turn-of-the-20th-century homes.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.