Cane Ridge Meeting House

1655 Cane Ridge Rd.
Paris, KY 40361- Map It
(859) 987-5350

AAA Editor Notes

Cane Ridge Meeting House is 9 mi. e. via US 460 and SR 537 to 1655 Cane Ridge Rd. Built of blue ash logs by Scots-Irish pioneers in 1791, it was the site of an 1801 revival that led to the 1804 dissolution of the Springfield Presbytery. From this act came a new movement, the precursor to several modern-day churches including the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), the Christian Churches and the Churches of Christ. The meeting house is encased in a limestone superstructure for preservation and unrestricted access. The grounds include a small museum with historical items and a pioneer cemetery. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.
Donations.
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 9-5, Sun. 1-5, Apr.-Oct.; by appointment, rest of year.