AAA Editor Notes
Old Arsenal Museum is on the e. side of the Louisiana State Capitol grounds at 900 Capitol Lake Dr. Built in 1838, the compound was used to store weapons and ammunition for U.S. troops during the Mexican and Civil wars. The museum contains exhibits about the structure of the powder magazine and the history of the Capitol grounds.
Note: At press time, the museum was temporarily closed due to budget cuts; phone for updates.