AAA Editor Notes
Southdown Plantation/Terrebonne Museum is w. on Little Bayou Black Dr. (SR 311), s. on St. Charles St. (SR 664) then e. to 1208 Museum Dr. The first floor of this pink Victorian manor house was built in 1859; a second story was added in 1893. Original Minor family furniture and Boehm and Doughty porcelain are among the items displayed on a 12-room guided tour. Exhibits recount the history and culture of Terrebonne Parish, including its sugar plantations, Cajun heritage, art, literature, industry and local crafts. A restored 1880s plantation worker's cabin features period furnishings.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.