AAA Editor Notes
Skolfield-Whittier House, 161 Park Row, is a brick Italianate semidetached house built by a shipmaster for his two sons in 1858. The house contains original furnishings and the personal belongings of three generations of Skolfields and Whittiers left perfectly intact in 1925. The collections reflect the families' involvement in seafaring, shipping, medicine and education. The adjoining Pejepscot Museum features changing exhibits and research facilities.
Guided tours are available.