AAA Editor Notes
Portland Head Light is at 1000 Shore Rd. in Fort Williams Park. First operated in 1791 under the authorization of President George Washington, it was the first light completed after the founding of the United States and is one of the oldest lighthouses in continuous use in the country. Highlights include a museum, several cliffside walking paths, an arboretum and views of Casco Bay.
Picnicking is permitted.