Quoddy Head State Park, s. of Lubec at 973 S. Lubec Rd., consists of more than 500 acres. The West Quoddy Head Light, on West Quoddy Point, was built in 1808 and rebuilt in 1858. The lighthouse is closed to the public. The park features 5 miles of hiking trails, extensive forests, two bogs and diverse habitat for rare plants. A visitor center/museum in the lighthouse keeper's house is available.