AAA Editor Notes
St. Clement's Island Museum is at the end of SR 242 on the Potomac River facing St. Clement's Island. The museum contains exhibits about Maryland's first colonists, who arrived in 1634 and negotiated with the Native Americans for settlement. A 13-minute orientation film provides an interesting overview of the island's history and the reconstruction of the Blackstone Lighthouse. Water taxi service to St. Clement's Island is available seasonally.
Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.