AAA Editor Notes
Riversdale House Museum is at 4811 Riverdale Rd.; the visitor center is just w. at 6005 48th Ave. This Federal plantation house was built 1801-07. It is furnished with period furniture and antiques. The house was built for Flemish émigré Henri Joseph Stier, but when he and his family returned to Europe, his younger daughter, Rosalie, and her husband, George Calvert (a descendant of the Lords Baltimore), moved into the residence. The home reflects the early 1800s when the Calverts lived here; letters between Mrs. Calvert and her family in Europe proved extremely helpful during restoration. A visitor center includes an exhibit about the history of the house. The site is also home to an open hearth dependency kitchen and interpretive gardens.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.