AAA Editor Notes
Balch House, 448 Cabot St., is a Beverly Historical Society and Museum historic site. It stands on part of a land grant given to the “Old Planters” in 1635. Occupied by the Balch family until 1914, this 1677-79 frame house is one of the oldest in the country. Rooms are furnished in period.
Guided tours are available.