AAA Editor Notes
The Mother Church, at 210 Massachusetts Ave. near the western edge of The Christian Science Plaza, houses the First Church of Christ, Scientist. It comprises the 1894 Romanesque Original Church Edifice with a bell tower and stained glass windows and a large, domed extension completed in 1906 that combines Renaissance and Byzantine architectural concepts. The extension houses one of the world's biggest organs, which has 13,384 pipes.
Guided tours are available.