AAA Editor Notes
Cogswell's Grant is at 60 Spring St. Situated on a 165-acre property overlooking the Essex River, this Colonial-era farmhouse was the summer home of collectors Bertram K. and Nina Fletcher Little. The couple purchased the 1728 structure in 1937, gradually filling it with folk art, furniture, hooked rugs and other antique pieces. The rich collection, amassed over a period of nearly 60 years, is arranged as it was when the Littles were still in residence.
Guided tours are available. Pets on leash are allowed.