Derby House

Derby St.
Salem, MA 01970- Map It
(978) 740-1650

AAA Editor Notes

Derby House, on the Derby St. waterfront at Salem Maritime National Historic Site, was built in 1762 by Captain Richard Derby as a wedding gift for his son Elias Hasket Derby, a prominent merchant of the post-Revolutionary War era. The home is furnished in period. Guided tours are available.
Free. Reservations are required for guided tours.
Hours: Park rangers present a variety of guided tours at the national historic site daily; phone ahead for schedule. Closed Jan. 1, Thanksgiving and Christmas.