AAA Editor Notes
John Ward House is on Brown St. on the Peabody Essex Museum campus. Moved to this site in 1910, the 1684 building originally stood on a 1-acre plot with a kitchen garden, an outhouse and a well. Characterized by its steep gables, large central chimney, diamond-paned windows and second-story overhang, it is one of the earliest structures to be relocated and restored for historic interpretation in the U.S.
Guided tours are available.