Kirk in the Hills is at 1340 W. Long Lake Rd. The cornerstone of this Presbyterian church was laid in 1951; the grounds occupy 40 acres on a lakefront. The church is Gothic in its design and was patterned after the 13th-century Melrose Abbey in Scotland. Stained-glass windows, a 77-bell carillon, a 5,000-pipe Moller organ, statues and multiple carvings are some of the highlights.
Walking-tour brochures with information about the church's exterior as well as the narthex, nave and chancel are available.