Gilmore Car Museum is at 6865 Hickory Rd. Housed in restored historic buildings on a 90-acre campus, the collection of more than 300 automobiles features an 1899 Locomobile, Duesenbergs from the 1930s, a 1948 Tucker, and collector cars of the ’50s and ’60s. Highlights include a “dealership row” with re-created auto dealerships: a 1918 Franklin, a 1928 Ford, a 1930s Lincoln and a 1940s Cadillac as well as a re-created 1930s Shell gas station complete with vintage gas pumps, full-service garage tools and Shell memorabilia.
Also on display are automotive mascots, an 1890s train depot, an operating 1940s diner and a vintage Disney movie set. The Gilmore Car Museum is home to several national collections, including the Classic Car Club of America Museum, the Pierce-Arrow Museum, the H.H. Franklin Collection, the Model A Ford Museum, the Lincoln Motorcar Heritage Museum and the Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum.