AAA Editor Notes
Historic White Pine Village is 2 mi. s. on Pere Marquette Hwy. from jct. US 10, 1.5 mi. w. on Iris Rd., then .4 mi. w. to 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr. This reconstructed community of 29 buildings dating 1850-1950 overlooks Lake Michigan. Included are a blacksmith shop, farmstead complex, courthouse, hardware store, fire hall, chapel and schoolhouse as well as music, logging, car, lumber and maritime museums. Interpretive signs enhance the self-guiding tour.
Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 1 hour, 30 minutes minimum.