Port Huron Museum Carnegie Center is at 1115 Sixth St. between Wall and Court sts. This museum is housed in the former Port Huron Public Library, which was donated to the city by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie in 1904. The building features a columned rotunda and a glass floor on the mezzanine. Displays include local artifacts, art, marine items, musical instruments and a turn-of-the-century ship’s pilot house and cabin. The Marine Gateway features an extensive collection of handmade ships and freighter models. The main-floor galleries host three to four major exhibits annually, ranging from science and technology to history and heritage with an emphasis on local connections. A restored 1850s log house also is on the grounds. The site is part of Port Huron Museums.