AAA Editor Notes
Sanilac County Historic Village and Museum is at 228 S. Ridge St. (SR 25). The Victorian 1875 Loop-Harrison House contains original furnishings. Displays include medical instruments, antique glassware and marine, military and Native American artifacts.
On the village grounds are a dairy museum, two 19th-century log cabins, a 1920s-era lakefront cabin, a one-room schoolhouse, historic train depot, carriage barn, hunting cabin and a general store. The carriage barn contains exhibits. A monthly concert series takes place in the village’s church.
Guided tours of the mansion and village are available.
Guided tours are available.