AAA Editor Notes
Nankin Mills Interpretive Center is at 33175 Ann Arbor Tr. This historic structure was built in the mid-1800s as a mill, and in 1918 Henry Ford purchased the building for use as a small automobile factory. It now houses three floors of exhibits and interactive displays profiling the Rouge River’s history and the relationships that local Native American tribes and industry had with the water source.
An exhibit with fish, turtles, frogs and insects of the Rouge River is included.