AAA Editor Notes
Ex-Convent of San Francisco (Ex-Convento de San Francisco) is on Calle Bartolomé de las Casas at Plaza Valladolid, 2 blks. e. of the cathedral. It dates from 1531. The founding of Morelia took place in the square in front of the church. Closely set columns give its interior courtyard a medieval look, unlike the open archways that characterize others in the city.