Morelos House Museum (Museo Casa de Morelos) is 3 blks. s.e. of Plaza de Armas at Av. Morelos Sur and Calle Aldama. An example of Spanish colonial architecture, this was José María Morelos' residence beginning in 1801. His descendants lived in the house until 1910, when it was converted into a museum. Inside are personal belongings, manuscripts and exhibits relating to the War of Independence. All exhibits include background information in English.