AAA Editor Notes
Assumption Chapel is 1 mi. s.e. on SR 23, then 1 blk. e. on Chapel Hill Rd. Townspeople built the original chapel as a tribute after being saved through prayer from devastating grasshoppers that attacked cropland. The Grasshopper Chapel was destroyed by a tornado in 1894. The present structure, built in 1952, is dedicated to the Virgin Mary in thanks for rescuing the parish from disasters.