AAA Editor Notes
Dr. W.W. Mayo House is at 118 N. Main St. The house was built in 1859 by Dr. William W. Mayo, who later moved to Rochester, where he and his sons founded the Mayo Clinic; his sons later joined the practice. The Cosgrove family, founders of Green Giant, occupied the house from 1874 to 1920. It is restored and furnished in 1860s style.
Guided tours are available.