Traveling as Couple
We had a perfectly awful time at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Red Wing. Not only was the management upset with us for complaining that there was drug use going on around us on our floor we, which we could clearly smell, but he would not refund any of the money for our stay, unless we apologized for having said that they were handling the situation incorrectly. He held a refund up in our faces like a carrot and said that if we apologized, he would give us one night free. But it didn't matter, because we had already paid for both nights, not slept at all, needing to turn the air conditioning down to 65 degrees to get and keep the caustic smell of K2 out of our room, resulting in Mrs. Graf getting a cold after our return home, and then we were able to check into the St. James Hotel for the last night of our stay in Red Wing, where we did have a lovely night. There were no drug smells there, and beautiful service. Mind you-the Comfort Inn was a smoke free facility!!! Our choice in sending letters about our abysmal experience to the individuals we did, is in the hope that there can be some changes in the Comfort Inn's way of doing things. If it is truly a smoke free facility, then patrons should not have to smell drug smoke, as well as not having to smell cigarette smoke. They should also be treated to hospitality, as we tried to get the desk clerk there to understand. He acted as if he had never learned to spell hospitality, let alone decipher the meaning of it. We also hope that the Red Wing Chamber of Commerce, to whom we also sent a letter, will learn that, with many, many closed and boarded up stored in Red Wing, and the corresponding unkempt sidewalks in front of those stores, they do not need service such as we experienced from this hotel, to chase potential business out of town.
Pros: Letters have been sent to-(1)the hotel(2) CEO of the hotel chain(3)Commissioner of the MN Department of Public Safety,Drug and Violent Crime Task Force(4) Red Wing Chiefs of Police and Fire Dept.
Cons: There was the strong smell of K2 being smoked on the 2nd floor of the hotel starting at 1 am on Sunday June 21. Our complaints were met with disbelief & efforts to make us out to be somehow wrong to have registered this information to the desk.