Treaty Site History Center is 2 mi. n. on US 169 at 1851 N. Minnesota Ave. The center focuses on regional history, with particular emphasis on the 1851 treaty between the U.S. government and the Dakota Indians. Under the treaty the Dakotas gave up 24 million acres in Minnesota, Iowa and South Dakota. The main exhibit hall features audio and visual materials and a video. Other halls focus on such topics as agriculture, business and geology.