The Oaks House Museum

823 N. Jefferson St.
Jackson, MS 39202-4140- Map It
(601) 353-9339

AAA Editor Notes

The Oaks House Museum is at 823 N. Jefferson St. The Greek Revival-style cottage, also known as Boyd House, was built around 1853 for a middle-class family and is one of the few buildings that survived the burning of Jackson during the Civil War. Three generations of the Boyd family—including James Hervey Boyd, a four-term Jackson mayor—lived in the house over the course of more than a century. Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.
$4.50; $4 (ages 65+); $3.50 (students with ID); free (ages 0-9).
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-3, and by appointment. Last tour begins 45 minutes before closing. Closed Jan. 1, July 4, Thanksgiving and Christmas.