AAA Editor Notes
The House on Ellicott's Hill is at 211 N. Canal St. (at Jefferson St.). Built in 1798 on the site where Maj. Andrew Ellicott raised the American flag in defiance of Spain in 1797, the house is furnished in period and includes an attached kitchen. The architectural features of this Western frontier dwelling show a West Indies influence.
The house can be visited by guided tour only.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.