AAA Editor Notes
Duff Green Mansion is at 1114 First East St. Built in 1856 by Duff Green, a wealthy merchant, the mansion was used as both a Confederate and Union hospital during the siege of Vicksburg. During one of five attacks on the house, Mary Green gave birth to a son in a nearby shelter and named him Siege. The restored Palladian mansion, now a bed and breakfast, is furnished with antiques, including a chandelier from 1799.
Guided tours are available.