AAA Editor Notes
Old Court House Museum 1008 Cherry St., at the jct. of Cherry, Jackson, Monroe and Grove sts. The structure was built between 1858-60 by slaves. Thirty-foot columns support porticos on each of the building's four sides. A restored courtroom contains original iron steps and banisters. Southern antebellum artifacts are displayed, and a research library is available for visitor use.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.