National Churchill Museum is at jct. Westminster Ave. and W. 7th St. The Westminster College Gymnasium was the site of Churchill's prophetic “Iron Curtain” speech on March 5, 1946. To commemorate that visit, the college acquired London's historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and reassembled it on the campus as a memorial to his speech and life.
The church destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666 was rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren. Damaged again in the London Blitz of 1940, the ruins were shipped to Fulton and restored to their original glory. Beneath this magnificent building sits the Churchill Museum, recognized by Congress as America’s “National Churchill Museum,” replete with interactive displays, artifacts, films and exhibits that bring Churchill and his times to life.
Additionally, eight pieces of the Berlin Wall have been relocated and erected on the grounds, and in 2011 the evocative “Iron Curtain” sculpture by Don Wiegand was installed in front of the museum.