Campbell House Museum is downtown at 15th and Locust sts., between the YMCA building and the St. Louis Public Library. This painstakingly restored former residence epitomizes late 19th-century Victorian opulence. Built in 1851, it was the home of fur trader and entrepreneur Robert Campbell and subsequent family generations between 1854 and 1938. Carriages, furnishings, paintings, clothing, letters and a set of interior photographs taken in the mid-1880s are among the hundreds of original Campbell possessions on display. A Victorian-style gazebo stands in the garden.