Old Cathedral

209 Walnut St.
St. Louis, MO 63102- Map It
(314) 231-3250

AAA Editor Notes

Old Cathedral is at jct. Memorial and Walnut sts. The first church in St. Louis was constructed on the site in 1770. The present church, the first Catholic cathedral west of the Mississippi River, was dedicated in 1834 and remains in daily use. A museum contains artifacts and vestments relating to the beginning of the church.
Free.
Hours: Cathedral open Mon.-Fri. 6:30-2:30, Sat.-Sun. 6:30-6:30. Museum schedule varies; phone ahead to confirm.