AAA Editor Notes
The Old Courthouse is at 11 N. 4th St., within the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Completed in 1862, the courthouse was the site of the Dred Scott slavery trial. Galleries and dioramas depict St. Louis history from its French and Spanish occupations through the westward expansion years to the present, and chronicle the era of slavery and the Scott family's struggle to gain freedom.
Note: The courthouse is the temporary Gateway Arch ticket center while the Museum of Westward Expansion undergoes renovations, slated to be complete in spring 2017.