AAA Editor Notes
The Old Courthouse is at 302 N. Main St. Site of the “Old Drum” trial, the restored 1838 courthouse includes period furnishings. A monument to the legendary hunting dog stands on the grounds. Tours include the courthouse, a 1913 one-room schoolhouse and the Mary Miller Smiser Heritage Library, which houses artifacts and records dating to the 1830s.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.