AAA Editor Notes
Cathedral of St. Helena is at 530 N. Ewing St. This handsome Victorian Gothic structure was modeled after the Votive Church of the Sacred Heart in Vienna, Austria, and completed in 1914. Interior finishings are of Carrara marble, and the stained-glass windows were made in Munich, Germany, by F.X. Zettler Co. An open-air sculpture gallery contains 29 statues of historical persons from the arts, sciences and religion.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.