Louis E. May Historical Museum is at 1643 N. Nye Ave. This house was built in 1874 by Fremont's first mayor, Theron Nye. Of interest are the numerous mantels, richly carved oak and mahogany paneling, art glass windows and exceptional tile work in the master bath. Rooms are furnished in the period of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. A perennial Victorian garden and an antique rose garden are on the grounds.