Doak Historic Site is at 386 Main St. A house, barn and milk house were built by Squire Robert Doak, who came to New Brunswick from Scotland in 1815 and settled at this site in 1825. The Doaks were prominent community members due to their large property holdings including a carding mill, a gristmill and a sawmill. The house remained in the family until 1979. Original furnishings as well as kitchen and farm tools offer a glimpse into mid- and late 19th-century pioneer life. Costumed interpreters demonstrate gardening, weaving, spinning and other daily chores.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.