Keillor House and St. James Textile Museum is at 4974 Main St. The 1813 house, built by Yorkshire stonemason John Keillor, contains 19th-century furnishings, domestic items and a three-story spiral staircase. Displays include the shipbuilding and farming industries, trade tools and costumes. The St. James Textile Museum is a former church dating from 1884. It houses antique tools, textile equipment, spinning wheels and pedal lathes, with exhibits depicting the process of creating fabrics. Weaving, carding and spinning demonstrations are given using antique looms.
Materials for genealogical research are available by appointment.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.