AAA Editor Notes
Greenock Presbyterian Church is at 146 Montague St. (at Edward St.). Ship's captain and wealthy shipbuilder Christopher Scott, a St. Andrews resident born in Scotland, financed the church's construction, which was completed in 1824. The design proportions are such that the two-tiered mahogany pulpit and the minister's platform were created entirely without the use of nails. The steeple is decorated with a hand-carved oak tree with bright green foliage, the emblem of the town of Greenock (Green Oak), Scotland.