AAA Editor Notes
Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site is off SR 12A at 139 Saint-Gaudens Rd. The 1885-1907 home and studio of sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens originally was a country tavern built in 1817. Complemented by formal gardens, the house retains Saint-Gaudens' furnishings.
Other buildings include the Little Studio, which contains bas-reliefs, portraits and monuments; the New Gallery, with casts of some of the sculptor's largest works, cameos and coin models; the Picture Gallery, where contemporary art exhibitions are displayed; and the stable, which features a collection of horse-drawn vehicles. Hiking trails wind through the 190-acre site. Concerts are held on Sundays from early July to mid-August.
Leashed dogs are allowed on the grounds.
Pet friendly (call for restrictions/fees.). Time: Allow 2 hours minimum.