AAA Editor Notes
Horatio Colony House Museum is at 199 Main St.; parking is at the rear of St. Bernard's Church adjacent to the museum. Built in 1806, the Federal-style house was sold in 1847 into the Joslin/Colony family, prominent mill owners, and remained in the family for 130 years. The home features all-original eclectic furnishings representing several periods and styles. Horatio Colony, the last of the family to inhabit the house, had a flair for the unusual, mixing heirlooms with souvenirs of his world travels.