AAA Editor Notes
St. John's Episcopal Church is on Chapel St. Built in 1807, it is the successor to the 1732 Queen's Chapel. The church contains 17th- and 18th-century antiques, including a steeple bell that came from France to Nova Scotia in the mid-1700s. Colonial soldiers took the bell as a souvenir and presented it to Queen's Chapel in 1745. Damaged when the chapel burned in 1806, the bell was recast by Paul Revere. The church has one of four American copies of the 1717 “Vinegar Bible,” so named because vineyard is misspelled “vinegar.”
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.